[arch-general] [off-topic] Suspend seems not to work with nVidia Nouveau driver

C Anthony Risinger anthony at xtfx.me
Wed Jan 4 19:17:48 EST 2012

On Jan 4, 2012 2:30 PM, "Jonathan Vasquez" <jvasquez1011 at gmail.com> wrote:

> There have been 12 posts I made in this thread, only 1 was top post
because
> it slipped my key stroke.

While top posting is indeed annoying (I often waste my own time converting
them to inline-style when replying, to preserve context), this thread has
no further use ... the OP has neither clarified nor responded.

It's all good -- nice work on the contributions elsewhere -- best to simply
ignore nonconstructive thoughts entirely.

I would recommend you and others open a new thread with your respective
hibernation problems.  Try tracing the mkinitcpio procedure to learn more
... it's very simple; most hooks only run at creation-time, some at
boot-time, and some both.  Tweak the kernel line or resume hook to increase
verbosity, or add a line to the hook that drops you to an interactive
busybox shell for investigation -- explore a bit to learn how.  Copy the
command printed after `mkinitcpio -p linux` and generate debug images using
an alternate target location (and maybe config too) and modify your
bootloader on the fly or add a separate entry ... this prevents you from
locking yourself out should something go awry.

The 'Net welcomes only autodidacts, and expects brute force mastery of
knowledge ... success is developing a wickedly efficient attack vector.
Good luck.

--

C Anthony