[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] kmod-3 in [testing]

Myra Nelson myra.nelson at hughes.net
Fri Jan 6 03:36:56 EST 2012

>> Update- because Dave is awesome, he whipped up some patches and I
>> tested them that appear to fix the above problem, so the latest kmod
>> package in [testing] should be safe to test.
>>
>> Thanks Dave!
>>
>> -Dan
>
> I just installed kmod-3-3 from [testing] and tried a reboot, which
> promptly left me with no rootfs and, oddly enough, no keyboard input in
> the initrd shell, which made the problem somewhat difficult to debug.
> However, an additional boot came up fine. I'm going to keep the package
> around to see if it happens again, but I hardly ever boot this box so it
> may take a while. This may not be quite ready for [core] just yet ;)
>
> Regards,
> Bjørn Øivind

As I said in my other post I've mostly got things working. I have to
log in then run sudo udevadm trigger ( I'm doing it twice, once with
--type=devices then subsystems ) to get all my modules loaded, then
sudo /etc/rc.d/net-profiles start to get my network up. Moving the
nouveau blacklist and sound.conf to /lib/modprobe.d took care of not

It was probably the wrong move, but I tried putting udevadm trigger
--type=xxx in my rc.local with no success. Shows I still don't get all
the interactions with rc.local.

Myra