[arch-general] update error

Peter Nikolic p.nikolic1 at btinternet.com
Sat Jan 7 10:33:41 EST 2012

On Saturday 07 January 2012 14:51:31 Oon-Ee Ng wrote:
> On Jan 7, 2012 10:44 PM, "Peter Nikolic" <p.nikolic1 at btinternet.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > i have just run pacman -Syu   reasonable list of updates  downloaded ok
> > integrity check ok  but then
> >
> >  error : (conflicting files)
> >
> > filesystem: /etc/mtab exists in filesystem
> > initscripts: /etc/profile.d/locale.sh exists in filesystem
> >
> > Cheers
> > Pete .
>
> Check the front page announcements

Yep thanks folks   got it sorted   not had to hack this hard for ages so it is
going to be a RE learning slope for a wee while  , Bear with me i will get there

I have just found one more that i cant find a way round   , Just went to correct
the timezone from Europe/Gurnsey to the correct   Europe/London  but it will not
let me sac=ve the changes and does not ask for root password or anything ..

Pete .

Pete .