[arch-general] update error

Peter Lewis plewis at aur.archlinux.org
Sat Jan 7 10:48:16 EST 2012

Hi Pete,

Welcome to Arch.

On Saturday 07 Jan 2012 15:33:41 Peter Nikolic wrote:
> I have just found one more that i cant find a way round   , Just went to
> correct the timezone from Europe/Gurnsey to the correct   Europe/London
> but it will not let me sac=ve the changes and does not ask for root
> password or anything ..

I presume you're editing /etc/rc.conf, right? If so, you'll have to become
root first in order to edit it. FWIW, I think you'll probably get a little
more help from people if you can be a bit more specific with exactly what
you're doing. E.g. "it will not me save the changes" doesn't tell us much.

Nice to see another UK Arch user!

Pete.