[arch-general] Just thinking out loud...

Clive Cooper clive at winpe.com
Sat Jan 14 10:38:08 EST 2012

> Don't get your hopes too high for the moment. I don't think initially
> they'll be able to meet the demand. Also, the first batch will provide
> feedback about the various shortcomings.

I don't think so either, I am actually expecting delivery to be 3
months plus, but they say by the end of the month, we will see.

> As an example, India's much touted Aakash tablet hasn't recieved too
> positive results after being reviewed by actual users. Now the
> shortcomings are being worked on.
>
> These things happen, especially with cheap hardware.

This is just $25 or $35 and as such even if it performs badly it is
still a neat toy to play around with while we wait for something
better or more interesting.

> But, kudos to all the people working on such projects, as they provide
> hope to the billions of people who can't afford costly hardware.

I agree, a working computer for $25 is quite an achievement.

Clive
--
Infinity: A concept for those who cannot comprehend the big picture.

() Arch Linux - For movers and shakers. ()