[arch-general] Just thinking out loud...

Clive Cooper clive at winpe.com
Sat Jan 14 10:45:18 EST 2012

> I can get a used Dell, HP or IBM for $50: 3 GHz Pentium 4 w/ 2 GB DDR
> RAM, 80 GB HDD, Gigabit LAN + some motherboard w/ cheap onboard
> graphics and sound card, PSU and case. It takes up more space, draws
> more power and I guess it can't run 1080p smoothly, but it's not a bad
> deal for the equivalent of USD 50.

The whole point here though is something that is very tiny. I have a
few projects in mind, one being a small remote controlled 'audio book
reader'/'radio show player' for by the side of the bed.  It is the
size of this thing that makes it interesting, that and the fact that I
can run Linux on it and develop for it on my laptop.

Clive
--
Infinity: A concept for those who cannot comprehend the big picture.

() Arch Linux - For movers and shakers. ()