[arch-general] Mouse C&P not working

Qadri Muhammad.A.Qadri at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 09:58:49 EST 2012

> Left & right together has no effect here too, I need to push the wheel
> button.
>
> Is this not the true 3-button mouse setup?

> From what files is xfce4-mouse-settings getting it's information, resp.
> to what files are changes written? Regarding to the buttons the GUI only
> displays right handed and left handed. There should be a file, not
> xorg.conf, that includes settings for the buttons.

The copy and paste buffer used by highlight and click is available even if
you just use xterm in your .xinitrc, so I imagine the configuration for it
would be somewhere in xorg.conf.d/ .

Peter, could you test out your configuration with just Xserver and xterm
instead of a full manager? Could you also please run xev, and when the
white square appears, click in the box with the various combinations of
clicking that you use (e.g. one left click, one right click, one middle
click) and post the relevant output? Do let us know the combination of
button presses that you use.

MAQ.