[arch-general] Upgrade of bluez breaks A2DP?

Denis A. Altoé Falqueto denisfalqueto at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 19:45:53 EST 2012

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 10:04 PM, C Anthony Risinger <anthony at xtfx.me> wrote:
> On Jan 22, 2012 4:53 PM, "Karol Babioch" <karol at babioch.de> wrote:
>>
>> However I wanted to make sure whether anyone has experienced something
>> similar after the upgrades? I couldn't find any bug reports so far about
>> this, so is there anything I could have missed? Or am I the only one
>> using a Bluetooth headset on a regular basis ;)?
>
> I have same issue with my Sony DR-BT50 headset ... I can conmect/etc just
> fine, but pulse doesn't see a sound device.
>
> I restarted pulse (possibly another components too) and at one point I got
> the headset to show in the device list, but still not the available
> outputs.  Gnome/pulse settings dialog segfaulted a few times too ... so not
> sure what's causing what ... but like you only A2DP is affected.

For coincidence, I've had that too, but found the solution on
bluetooth wiki page.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bluetooth#My_device_is_paired_but_no_sound_is_played_from_it
Basically, you should add

Enable=Socket

in General section of /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf.

Hope that helps.

--
A: Because it obfuscates the reading.
Q: Why is top posting so bad?