[arch-general] [AUDIO] Terrasoniq phase X64 - ice1712 - configuration

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Jan 28 03:35:05 EST 2012

On Sat, 2012-01-28 at 03:32 +0100, Lars Madson wrote:
> Hi Archers,
>
> I just received that external sound card, Terrasoniq Phase X64.
> It seems to be supported in the kernel using module ice1712.
>
> I've been reading about how to make it work in the last days.
> the closer I've been to see "it" was by listing some stuff (sorry for
> imprecision I forgot how since then),
> the card would appear with a number like this : 4ugxvhgblabla.
>
> I just installed alsa-tools-ice1712 1.0.25-1
> But it cannot sees it.
> Alsaconf shows an ISA P-n-P card...can it be the Terrasoniq?
>
> I don't know really where to start, as making a rule in udev to launch a
> .sh script, but I guess first I should find a way to see that card pluged
> somewhere, it's usb.
> also how to tell my kernel to load ice1712 maybe.
>
> Any advice are welcome!!
>
> Thanks
> Laurent

Hi Laurent,

"All necessary modules should be detected and loaded automatically by
udev" [1]. You don't need to do anything. Two of my sound cards are
ice1712 and I didn't configure anything, but they are detected. OTOH
those cards are PCI cards.

Anyway, to see if your USB card is detected you e.g. can run

$ hwinfo --usb

Then you should get something like
  [snip]
  Vendor: usb 0x0944 "KORG, Inc."
  Device: usb 0x010f "nanoKONTROL"
  Revision: "1.00"
  Driver: "snd-usb-audio"
  Driver Modules: "snd_usb_audio"
  [snip]
Of cause, here it's not an USB ICE1712 device.

What happens if you run envy24control?

FWIW on my Arch alsa-tools-ice1712 isn't, but alsa-tools is installed.

- Ralf

[1]
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Advanced_Linux_Sound_Architecture