[arch-general] [AUDIO] Terrasoniq phase X64 - ice1712 - configuration

Lars Madson rwx700 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 21:32:33 EST 2012

Hi Archers,

I just received that external sound card, Terrasoniq Phase X64.
It seems to be supported in the kernel using module ice1712.

I've been reading about how to make it work in the last days.
the closer I've been to see "it" was by listing some stuff (sorry for
imprecision I forgot how since then),
the card would appear with a number like this : 4ugxvhgblabla.

I just installed alsa-tools-ice1712 1.0.25-1
But it cannot sees it.
Alsaconf shows an ISA P-n-P card...can it be the Terrasoniq?

I don't know really where to start, as making a rule in udev to launch a
.sh script, but I guess first I should find a way to see that card pluged
somewhere, it's usb.
also how to tell my kernel to load ice1712 maybe.

Any advice are welcome!!

Thanks
Laurent