[arch-general] PulseAudio again (was: change in mount behaviour?)

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Sat Jan 28 15:25:15 EST 2012

Am Sat, 28 Jan 2012 13:14:47 -0600
schrieb Leonid Isaev <lisaev at umail.iu.edu>:

> PA is a great consumer thing, and that's exactly what we need.

That may be exactly what you need, but not what we need. Otherwise we
all could stick with Windows. You can read your e-mails and write some
letters with Windows. So why using Linux?

> Because noone cares about "pro" audio solutions which are a nightmare
> to configure.

I don't need to configure anything to get my M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 to
get running perfectly with ALSA. And all the pro audio software work
without any configuration out-of-the-box with this card and ALSA.

What's not working with this card is PulseAudio, and to get it working
with PulseAudio somehow I need to cripple it down to stereo with a
nightmare of configuration.

Heiko