[arch-general] change in mount behaviour?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Jan 29 05:50:48 EST 2012

> On Sun, 2012-01-29 at 18:13 +0800, Oon-Ee Ng wrote:
> > Yes,  why not generalize when a specific example is debunked?

About what kind of generalization are you talking? I'm serious, I don't
understand what you are talking about.

> > I'm sure all
> > Linux installs MUST be ready to use out of the box for professional audio
> > users. after all, the same is true for the other operating systems.

I just ask that upgrades don't break a working machine, caused by
unneeded dependencies. If a studio used GNOME, than an upgrade shouldn't
add PA and break the machine.
Only add dependencies if they are needed. PA isn't needed, it's
optional. If upstream add it, it might be allowed to explain, why it
isn't good to do so.

I don't ask for a Linux that works OOTB.

My arguments where about PA that doesn't work with professional RME
cards, since I'm using a RME card. Without Jack and with PA such a card
doesn't work. FWIW it's the same with Envy24 cards, the most used audio
cards, when using software like Ardour, Qtractor etc., since RME cards
are very expensive.

A classic Jack also doesn't work when PA is installed and there are
reasons to use a classic Jack. Why do you think it's packaged?

Your assumptions are strange. Why are you doing this? Could you please
become objective?

Regards,

Ralf