[arch-general] change in mount behaviour?

Thanasis Georgiou sakisds.s at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 11:52:08 EST 2012

On 29 January 2012 18:44, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> [snip]
> When I've got a set up and I'll upgrade it, it's ok if things get
> borked, because of a new sound server. But if a group of people file bug
> reports, than it's ignorant not to fix the new sound server, but instead
> to demand that it must become dependency for more and more software even
> if it has nothing to do with audio.
>
> - Ralf

GDM has to do with audio. It supports everything gnome wants to
support. Which means it needs audio to either play a sound when you
input a wrong password or to read the usernames aloud in case the user
has visibility problems. It might work without pulseaudio (dummy
package), sure, but it might not work as intended. The guys at the
Gnome project decided they want pulseaudio. Now you can either try and
convince them to drop support or convince the PulseAudio team to fix
it's problems.

--
Thanasis Georgiou