[arch-general] Nvidia Driver issues

Karol Babioch karol at babioch.de
Sun Jan 29 14:28:28 EST 2012

Hi,

do you have any log files? Because helping you just by reading about the
issues is quite hard. I haven't experienced anything similar to your
description so far.

Am 29.01.2012 19:54, schrieb Don deJuan:
> but on arch forums and on here I read of many people with no issue with
> current X and nvidia closed source drivers, so I would think it must be
> me who is causing the issue.

I'm currently also using the nvidia closed source drivers, although I'm
switching between nouveau and the proprietary ones quite often.

Do you use any kind of framebuffer? I had to install uvesafb in order to
get the closed source driver working properly, e.g. switching between
consoles.

Best regards,
Karol Babioch