[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] KDE 4.8.0 hits [testing]

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Sun Jan 29 22:51:37 EST 2012

On 01/28/2012 03:26 AM, Morris wrote:

> Hello Gene,
>
> I have a W520 too and I can share what I did for power management in KDE:

> using these settings my laptop correctly switches profile on AC->BAT (and
> viceversa) events
>
> Cheers,
> Morris
>

> [1] - https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=48464
> [2] - http://pastie.org/3268259

 Hi morris:

  First off thank you for the feedback and suggestion.

  I just looked at your script - I think you're using cpufreq-set which
is being deprecated and replaced by the cpupower tools (in core not AUR)
which have these tools:

   cpupower-frequency-set
   cpupower-set

 Do you know how to modify your script to use the new cpupower tools? If
I recall right, cpupower was introduced for the 3.x kernel.

 gene/