[arch-general] Country Name (ISO-3116) Issues

BlissSam m13253 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 1 11:24:32 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am a Simplified Chinese user with 2 years of arch experience (of course I am not joining the community),
but I agree with your opinion.
I don't want ArchLinux to repeat the way that Red Hat used to go (Red Hat used to call Taiwan 'Taiwan, province of China', and many people refused to use it --according to Wikipedia).
I think that just simply calling it 'Taiwan' is okay. We don't care what the government is saying (especially, P.R. China government may be angry, but who cares?). What we want to do is to provide convenience to the user, is it?

So I agree with you and I really hope the community to change its name back to Taiwan (as I know, the name is used to be 'Taiwan' in the past years)

The fact is we don't want to talk a lot about political issues, but changing its name to Taiwan is a good idea.

Sam