[arch-general] CUPS not recognizing the printer

Serge Hooge cuznez at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 04:58:40 EDT 2012

> Not sure if this is related, but after my update this morning I am
> getting this message in my CUPS configuration.  Searched the web and
> only found bug report entry on the Ubuntu forms.  Not sure of a
> solution yet.
>
> *"The PPD version (5.2.7) is not compatible with Gutenprint 5.2.8."
> *

Not exactly what I had, but it simply looks like your PPD's outdated.
Have you tried fetching a more recent PPD and pointing CUPS to it?

I managed to get my printer working right after installing it in a
Debian machine without a failure. As I plugged it back to my Arch and
ran hp-setup it suddenly got recognized, but hp-setup kept failing.
Installing via the CUPS webinterface helped, the Test Page is fine.

--
Serge Hooge