[arch-general] How to make wicd work under systemd?

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 9 06:05:11 EDT 2012

> >> I write my own because
> >> "systemctl enable wicd.service" failed
> >> The error message is
> >> Failed to issue method call: File exists
> >>

> >> So I decide to google and write it on my own....
> >
> > So what would be the bare minimum unit file to add a commandline. I ask
> > because polkit is rediculous to edit especially if you have to
> > create policy from scratch such as on Fedora, POLKIT's HOME! Systemd
> > doesn't look anywhere near that level of idiocy, but I still wonder
> > how quickly a commandline could be added without pre-pregged unit files?
>
> What do you mean by "add a commandline"? If you want to debug your
> boot you can do "systemctl enable debug-shell.service" and this will
> be available on tty9 on next reboot. Not sure if that's what you want
> though...?

It's easy to add your own script to arches non systemd init system which
may even be a one liner if your in a hurry and a few more lines to add
pretty initialisation. Considering the author wishes all scripts to
disappear I am just wondering what the minimum required to be written
in a unit file is between the current init and systemd for a roll your
own or missing service.

Atleast systemd works eventually (after making multiple symlinks) and
gives complete info. Haven't spent long but I still haven't got
mythtv-backend to load after upgrading mythbuntu once. I'm thinking
I'll just add it to rc.local.