[arch-general] How to make wicd work under systemd?

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 08:49:18 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> I write my own because
>> "systemctl enable wicd.service" failed
>> The error message is
>> Failed to issue method call: File exists
>>

>> So I decide to google and write it on my own....
>
> So what would be the bare minimum unit file to add a commandline.

Since you decided /not/ to google and try writing one on your own,
here's a two-liner.

---
[Service]
ExecStart=/usr/bin/xinetd -dontfork
---

/usr/lib/systemd/system is full of examples, most of which look like:

---
[Unit]
Description=OpenLDAP server daemon

[Service]
Type=forking
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/slapd

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
---

> because polkit is rediculous to edit especially if you have to
> create policy from scratch such as on Fedora, POLKIT's HOME!

And this is related to systemd how exactly?

> I guess you can fall back to rc anyway?

The initscripts-systemd package will add support for both rc.local and
individual rc.d scripts.

--
Mantas Mikulėnas