[arch-general] ConsoleKit replaced by systemd

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Jul 10 13:42:17 EDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-07-10 at 19:23 +0200, Karol Babioch wrote:
> I'm wondering whether there has been some discussion over that already?

IIRC not on that List. Some weeks ago I again mentioned that there's an
annoying bug/feature for console-kit on Debian user mailing list.
Somebody informed me about systemd-loginctl as a replacement. I didn't
think about dependency issues, while I ogled to switch to system. There
also was a link to a Fedora list:
"We merged the upstream udev repository entirely into the systemd
repository. There is no standalone upstream udev project anymore.
[snip]"

A lot of dependencies needs to be removed, so I'll wait until Arch,
Debian and Ubuntu completely switched to systemd.