[arch-general] my Arch box randomly becomes irresponsible

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 16 06:43:02 EDT 2012

> I tried to disable suspension and hibernation by editing
> /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.upower.policy to change
> from
> <allow_active>yes</allow_active>
> <allow_active>no</allow_active>
>
> But it doesn't work.

The polkit docs (you have to look at the source code) and configuration
system are terrible and difficult to monitor to the point that I am
switching all the code I need to the simple straight forward,
transparent and more secure sudo. Atleast you get config files on arch
though, you don't on Fedora (polkits home).

Have you checked if suspend is still enabled with pkaction.