[arch-general] my Arch box randomly becomes irresponsible

Not To Miss not.to.miss at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 09:24:40 EDT 2012

I didn't know the command pkaction. It's quite handy. Here are the output
of the pkaction:

$ pkaction | grep "\(hibernate\)\|\(suspend\)" -i
org.freedesktop.upower.hibernate
org.freedesktop.upower.suspend

$ pkaction --action-id org.freedesktop.upower.suspend --verbose
org.freedesktop.upower.suspend:
  message:           Authentication is required to suspend the system
  vendor:            The UPower Project
  vendor_url:        http://upower.freedesktop.org/
  icon:              system-suspend
  implicit any:      no
  implicit inactive: no
  implicit active:   yes

$ pkaction --action-id org.freedesktop.upower.hibernate --verbose
org.freedesktop.upower.hibernate:
  message:           Authentication is required to hibernate the system
  vendor:            The UPower Project
  vendor_url:        http://upower.freedesktop.org/
  icon:              system-suspend
  implicit any:      no
  implicit inactive: no
  implicit active:   yes

I think my current settings is overwritten by an most recent system update
to "yes" now. But the problem exists no matter what setting that is.

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 6:43 AM, Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk>wrote:

> > I tried to disable suspension and hibernation by editing
> > /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.upower.policy to change
> > from
> > <allow_active>yes</allow_active>
> > <allow_active>no</allow_active>
> >
> > But it doesn't work.
>
> The polkit docs (you have to look at the source code) and configuration
> system are terrible and difficult to monitor to the point that I am
> switching all the code I need to the simple straight forward,
> transparent and more secure sudo. Atleast you get config files on arch
> though, you don't on Fedora (polkits home).
>
> Have you checked if suspend is still enabled with pkaction.
>
> --
>
>  Why not do something good every day and install BOINC.

Best,
Zhenjiang