[arch-general] crazy mount process

Andrea Crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 15:53:18 EDT 2012

On 07/16/2012 08:19 PM, Aurko Roy wrote:
> I had a similar problem today when I tried to mount my portable hard
> drives. The mount process would consume 100% cpu and could not be killed.
> Further when I tried to give the shutdown/halt command the system would not
> shut down either. The next time I stopped dbus before attempting to mount
> again and it worked. However I don't think that this was causing the
> problem since the next time I could mount even when dbus was running and I
> can find no plausible explanation for why stopping dbus should help. Now it
> seems to be working fine - so basically it was a weird problem that just
> corrected itself after a couple of reboots.

A reboot was not enough unfortunately..
But I found the fix!
I just had to remove sda from the filter in one of the udev rules, that 
now is:
KERNEL!="sd[b-z][0-9]", GOTO="media_by_label_auto_mount_end"

it's quite strange though because it never did it before, so I guess 
that one update
changed its behaviour somehow..

More information about the arch-general mailing list