[arch-general] crazy mount process

Aurko Roy roy.aurko at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 15:19:35 EDT 2012

I had a similar problem today when I tried to mount my portable hard
drives. The mount process would consume 100% cpu and could not be killed.
Further when I tried to give the shutdown/halt command the system would not
shut down either. The next time I stopped dbus before attempting to mount
again and it worked. However I don't think that this was causing the
problem since the next time I could mount even when dbus was running and I
can find no plausible explanation for why stopping dbus should help. Now it
seems to be working fine - so basically it was a weird problem that just
corrected itself after a couple of reboots.