[arch-general] my Arch box randomly becomes irresponsible

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 16 18:54:06 EDT 2012

> I learned it from
> https://linuxexpresso.wordpress.com/2010/05/09/disable-suspend-and-hibernate-ubuntu/
> .
>
> It is different for Arch?
>
> There isn't anything related under /etc/polkit-1 directory:
> $ sudo ls -R
> .:
> localauthority    localauthority.conf.d  nullbackend.conf.d
>
> ./localauthority:
> 10-vendor.d  20-org.d  30-site.d  50-local.d  90-mandatory.d
>
> ./localauthority/10-vendor.d:
>
> ./localauthority/20-org.d:
>
> ./localauthority/30-site.d:
>
> ./localauthority/50-local.d:

Copy the file you set suspend inactive in to the 50-local.d folder with
a .pkla extension.

Now I've gained root and checked. I used org.freedesktop.consolekit.pkla
before I disabled polkit all together. Now I remember I did that ages
ago in my install scripts before forgetting I had copied those in.
Far from intuitive.

Tom pointed me to the man page pklocalauthority more recently that
explains the folders. That might save you picking through the bones
when you want the meat. Unfortunately you can't get to the steak
without reading the source. With sudo and RBAC all you deal with is
self explanatory steak and without the stringy IPC too.