[arch-general] TexLive custom classes problem.

Jayesh Badwaik jayesh.badwaik90 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 07:04:49 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am unable to get custom .cls files detected by the latex program.
I have a file "jbnotebook.cls" which works fine when it is placed in
the same directory as the the file main.tex. So, the file itself is
not a problem.  Also,

[me at localhost]$ kpsewhich -var-value=TEXMFHOME
/home/jayesh/.local/share/texmf

So far so good. I have placed my file jbnotebook.cls at the
following location
/home/jayesh/.local/share/texmf/tex/latex/jbnotebook/jbnotebook.cls

Also, for sake of trying to make things work, I have the following
file
/home/jayesh/texmf/tex/latex/jbnotebook/jbnotebook.cls

And texhash has been run on both the texmf folder and they contain
ls-R which is correct.

Now,
[me at localhost]$  kpsewhich -var-value=TEXMF
{/home/jayesh/.texlive/texmf-config,/home/jayesh/.texlive/texmf-
var,!!/home/jayesh/.local/share/texmf,!!/etc/texmf,!!/var/lib/texmf,!!/usr/share/texmf,!!/usr/local/share/texmf,!!/usr/share/texmf-
dist}

And still when I run the latex command, it tells me that the
jbnotebook.cls is not found.

What can be the problem?

--
Cheers