[arch-general] Quick question about post-MBR gap?

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 17:42:37 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM, Kirill Churin <reflexing at reflexing.ru> wrote:

> What the fuck is wrong with you, guys? Why didn't you just read the manual?
> http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html#BIOS-installation
>
> Arch follows upstream, you know?

Thank you for your polite reply! I have read the manual and maybe I am
just plain stupid but I could not find the answer to my question in
that link!  I am aware that arch follows upstream. But grub2 as
released is new. Can you tell me in which section the answer lies -
(there is a single reference to the post-MBR gap in that link but it
implies that it should be 1MiB in general and yet grub has worked
without it forever!) That is why I asked the question related to grub2
- if that means I am regarded as a complete idiot then I will shut up
and not raise this further - maybe I am the only arch user who fails
to know how to find the answer to this question.

--
mike c