[arch-general] Quick question about post-MBR gap?

Taylor Hedberg tmhedberg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 17:51:17 EDT 2012

mike cloaked, Wed 2012-07-18 @ 22:42:37+0100:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM, Kirill Churin <reflexing at reflexing.ru> wrote:
> > What the fuck is wrong with you, guys? Why didn't you just read the
> > manual?
> > http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html#BIOS-installation
> >
> > Arch follows upstream, you know?
>
> Thank you for your polite reply! I have read the manual and maybe I am
> just plain stupid but I could not find the answer to my question in
> that link!  I am aware that arch follows upstream. But grub2 as
> released is new. Can you tell me in which section the answer lies -
> (there is a single reference to the post-MBR gap in that link but it
> implies that it should be 1MiB in general and yet grub has worked
> without it forever!) That is why I asked the question related to grub2
> - if that means I am regarded as a complete idiot then I will shut up
> and not raise this further - maybe I am the only arch user who fails
> to know how to find the answer to this question.

Just ignore the troll. There are a few people on this list who seem to
take offense at the fact that people ask questions about Arch Linux...on
a list for asking questions about Arch Linux. It's one thing if you had
made no effort to find an answer on your own, which is admittedly
irritating, but that doesn't seem to be the case for you. So just don't
pay him any mind.