[arch-general] Updating AUR package with pacman

Cheer Xiao xiaqqaix at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 23:10:00 EDT 2012

2012/7/20 Christian Hesse <list at eworm.de>:
> Don deJuan <donjuansjiz at gmail.com> on Thu, 2012/07/19 09:53:
>> On 07/19/2012 09:52 AM, Christian Hesse wrote:
>> > Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz at googlemail.com> on Thu, 2012/07/19 18:44:
>> >
>> > Oh, wait! Is AUR accessible via git? That would be really great!
>> >

>>  From the wiki:
>>   Git Repo
>>
>> A Git Repo of the AUR is maintained by Thomas Dziedzic providing package
>> history among other things. It is updated at least once a day. To clone
>> the repository (several hundred MB):
>>
>> $ git clone git://pkgbuild.com/aur-mirror.git
>
> Nice!
>
> Though I would prefer a rsync interface. I do not need package history and
> would like to save the disk space...

There is also aur3[1]. It offers metadata (things you see on the
package pages of AUR website) in additional to PKGBUILDs. It doesn't
provide rsync access, but I found 18MB (PKGBUILD + metadata, it's
compressed) is acceptable.

aur3 also has a really neat JSON API, offering full regex searching.

1. http://aur3.org/

--
Regards,
Cheer Xiao