[arch-general] Updating AUR package with pacman

Jayesh Badwaik jayesh.badwaik90 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 00:00:32 EDT 2012

On Thursday 19 Jul 2012 18:44:13 Thorsten Jolitz wrote:
> Jonathan Dlouhy <dlouhy55 at gmail.com> writes:

> >> You can just install the new version. Pacman takes care of it. But
> >> even better would be to use something like packer/yaourt.
> >
> > packer -Syu --auronly
>
> Packer must be new somehow, did not hear about it before (only about
> yaourt). So this would render my git-clone of the AUR repo superfluous,
> because it makes AUR packages as easily installable and updatable like
> packages form the official repos?

To answer your question - Yes. But you have to be careful. First do your normal system upgrade through pacman

pacman -Syu

and after that update AUR packages. Do not install normal packages through packer or yaourt, there have been some problems last time I was reading about it.

--
Jayesh Badwaik
stop html mail      | always bottom-post