[arch-general] Roadmap for user-intervention upgrades [was: Still Glibc problems]

Manolo Martínez manolo at austrohungaro.com
Fri Jul 20 15:15:47 EDT 2012

On 07/20/12 at 02:56pm, Daniel Wallace wrote:
> All of those changes were discussed by the devs on arch-dev-public
>
> filesystem ->
> http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2012-June/023014.html
>
> grub ->
> http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2012-June/023147.html
>
> /lib -> usr/lib ->
> http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2012-March/022625.html
>
> There are also discussions there about what will happen and when stuff
> breaks like the pacman bug when usr lib was in testing, most of that
> happens that

I, for one, thought that running archlinux responsibly only committed me
to subscribing to and reading arch-announce and -general. If I need to
read -dev-public too I will, but it'd be good to be explicit about this.

In my previous e-mail I also raised the point of having a roadmap for upgrades
that require user intervention. I'd like to know if that'd be
feasible; I think it would be useful.

Manolo