[arch-general] My end-user $0.02 on /etc/rc.conf splitting.

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sun Jul 22 04:47:00 EDT 2012

On 22 July 2012 06:26,  <kingfisher at almus.net> wrote:

>> [...]
>> But developpers must know better than users what is the best for the
>> distro. Killing /etc/rc.conf ? Why not. But for me, it is more KISS
>> oriented than /etc/locale.conf, /etc/vconsole.conf,
>> /etc/modprobe.d/*.conf files.
>

> That's exactly my thoughts ...

Same here too. I hope it's false alarm though!

> *BSD will be next, if rc.conf been deprecated.

If the rc.conf goes and if there is pacman incorporated to Slackware,
I'll likely switch (back) to Slackware.

Thanks to Gour, I've just learned about Frugalware which is
sort of Slackware with pacman.

Anyway, I cross my fingers tight for the great minds to keep rc.conf.

Best regards,