[arch-general] My end-user $0.02 on /etc/rc.conf splitting.

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 24 08:22:37 EDT 2012

> For having used systemd myself, I am inclined to believe that it
> definitely fits the KISS principle.

I welcome the coss platform GUI for controlling services, however on
Arch rc.conf served very well.

I found I can see /etc/inittab and man inittab and edit.

With systemd I had to Google then type lots to Copy and symlink. It's
also harder to see what will run without booting said hardrive and the
output of systemctl makes it harder to see what services are enabled in
a single glance with all the other info provided but I'm sure that can
easily be fixed, though I didn't see the commandline argument required.

The main thing I would like to know is Will the DAEMONS line always
stay in rc.conf or will there be a single folder where we can see just
the service enabling files.

The KISS part I am mainly concerned about is the more complicated
nature of systemd that will innevitably lead to root exploits needlessly
on simple systems.