[arch-general] My end-user $0.02 on /etc/rc.conf splitting.

P .NIKOLIC p.nikolic1 at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 22 16:06:24 EDT 2012

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 16:17:13 +0200
Karol Babioch <karol at babioch.de> wrote:

> Maybe this is what it is really about: These changes come - more or
> less
> - from Poettering and there is quite a bunch of people who for
> whatever reasons don't like that idea.

Most certainly not liked at all
 in my view it makes an extremely valid case for distros to go their
 own way .

Red Hat many moons ago was a good distro  the last one i looked at was
pants as was Fedora  Suse was heading that way as well in fact from
what i hear still are that is why i switched to Arch  having tried
Slackware but found it too old  .

Before all this kicked up i had never heard of this Poettering person
and i dont think i want to if these are some of his style of thinking .

Pete .

--
Linux 7-of-9 3.4.6-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Jul 20 08:21:26 CEST 2012
x86_64 GNU/Linux