[arch-general] Re: My end-user $0.02 on /etc/rc.conf splitting.

Nicolas Sebrecht nsebrecht at piing.fr
Mon Jul 23 04:30:37 EDT 2012

The 22/07/12, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> Simple example: I didn't have consolekit for some years, and I don't
> care about whatever it has to offer.

...This may be why you don't understand benefits of such tools...

>        So far it hasn't done anything evil except being useless and
> consuming system resources (50 or so threads).

...and why you think it's only comsuming resources.

>                                                Same about polkit

Erf! Same causes, same consequences?

Do you really think upstream developers are all doing the bad choices in
order to make you feel less compliant with the so-loved historical Unix
philosophy?

Come'on guys. You can't make serious argumentation wihout making a bit
of expected normal researches or by starting in the /same/ mail "I don't
care about whatever it has to offer". Upstream choices is not about
feelings.

--
Nicolas Sebrecht