[arch-general] Re: My end-user $0.02 on /etc/rc.conf splitting.

Nicolas Sebrecht nsebrecht at piing.fr
Mon Jul 23 05:19:06 EDT 2012

The 23/07/12, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

>                            Please tell me why you think
> I need it. Mount usb keys as a normal user ?

So, you're more aware of some benefits than what you stated before.

>                                              I can arrange
> that without ck.

So, requiring that someone has to "arrange" things is not the choice
done by upstream. Does it have to do with Arch? No. Precisely _because_
Arch wants itself to KISS.

> that without ck. Change ownership of some things to a
> 'local' login ? I don't want that to happen.

You're free to fight again changes or improvements. The simplest way I
know consist in installing a 70th year old system and don't update it.

--
Nicolas Sebrecht