[arch-general] Systemd with encrypted Btrfs

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Tue Jul 24 06:47:25 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 12:40 PM, Aurko Roy <roy.aurko at gmail.com> wrote:
>     Yeah it works fine with the initscripts-systemd package but I had
> replaced that with the systemd-sysvcompat package for a pure systemd
> setupd. I was wondering if there is a reason why they've discontinued
> support for rc.local in that. AFAIK Fedora has a pure systemd setup (I
> may be wrong there) but still support rc.local. Perhaps I'm
> missing/misunderstanding something.

Fedora still have quite a bit of legacy stuff (probably even more than
what we do). I'd argue that rc.local{,.shutdown} is legacy, and that
people would be better off by either writing .service files, or fixing
whatever bugs are being worked around (which is mostly the use-case)
properly.

Even if you use systemd-sysvcompat support, you are of course free to
copy the rc-local serivce files from the initscripts-systemd pacakge
and put them in /etc/systemd/system/

-t