[arch-general] Systemd : Analysis of reactions of Users

Dennis Herbrich dennis at archlinux.org
Thu Jul 26 05:57:26 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 11:52:49AM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-07-26 at 12:43 +0300, Mantas Mikulėnas wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 11:30 AM, Jayesh Badwaik
> > <jayesh.badwaik90 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > With respect to daemons, the BEFORE and AFTER in the service files is
> > > redundant and though not likely to cause errors, likely to be
> > > inconsistent, because for every service file where a daemon "xyz" appears
> > > in AFTER, the corresponding daemon must appear in BEFORE in the service
> > > file for xyz. I am not quiet sure why this redundancy is there, you can
> > > simply have just "AFTER" variables and they should take care of all the
> > > dependencies I guess.
> >
> > This is certainly not true – it is enough for /one/ unit to have
> > Before or After.
>
> Sorry, what kind of new logic philosophy/math do users need to learn?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic Pardon, I only know the German Wiki,
> since my English is broken.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redundancy

By the way, I, for one, am increasingly annoyed by (not only) your style of
discussion.  Not that it'd matter in any way, but I miss the times of
productive and helpful threads on this list.

HTH,
  Dennis

--
"Den Rechtsstaat macht aus, dass Unschuldige wieder frei kommen."
  Dr. Wolfgang Schäuble, Bundesinnenminister (14.10.08, TAZ-Interview)

0D21BE6C - F3DC D064 BB88 5162 56BE  730F 5471 3881 0D21 BE6C