[arch-general] Anyone running hylafx with systemd - modem init/respawn OK?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Jun 2 22:11:25 EDT 2012

Guys,

  Before I cause myself headaches -- is there anyone that has updated to systemd
running a hylafax server with traditional serial modems? I see that systemd has
the faxq.service and hafaxd.service:

usr/lib/systemd/system/faxq.service
usr/lib/systemd/system/hfaxd.service

  But what about the init and respawn of faxgetty that was usually done through
inittab?

mo:35:respawn:/usr/lib/fax/faxgetty /dev/ttyS1

  This may not even be an issue on Arch, but there have been issues with systemd
on suse, etc. not handling the modem initialization after update to systemd. So
before I end up with an issue, I thought I would ask if anyone else has made the
jump to systemd with hylafax.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.