[arch-general] Anyone running hylafx with systemd - modem init/respawn OK?

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 07:07:39 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 5:11 AM, David C. Rankin
<drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
>  But what about the init and respawn of faxgetty that was usually done through
> inittab?
>
> mo:35:respawn:/usr/lib/fax/faxgetty /dev/ttyS1

It would be done with a .service unit as well, similar to the existing
getty at .service and serial-getty at .service. I'm not sure why one wasn't
included with hylafax, but it should probably look like this:

[Unit]
Description=Faxgetty on %I
BindTo=dev-%i.service
After=dev-%i.service

[Service]
ExecStart=-/usr/lib/fax/faxgetty /dev/%I
Restart=always
; I'm not sure if the following are strictly necessary, but they
; are used by existing getty units.
UtmpIdentifier=%I
TTYPath=/dev/%I
TTYReset=yes
TTYVHangup=yes

(Note: Untested. I don't actually have the hardware.)

--
Mantas Mikulėnas