[arch-general] UEFI secure boot

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Mon Jun 4 16:58:28 EDT 2012

On 06/04/2012 04:44 PM, Alexandre Ferrando wrote:

> Arch doesn't seems to have the same kind of user than fedora, Arch if
> I don't remember it wrong, tends to be aimed for a competent user.
> Such a competent user can disable secure boot in x86 devices.

   Yep - I agree about technical competence. In fact I'm delighted to be
here :-) (Ex fedora user since RH3 or so).

   Perhaps, then,  it might just mean the inconvenience of toggling it
off/on via firmware each time if you ever needed to dual boot MS -
windows 8 will def not boot with it off.

   Best I can tell, at least for now, it will be disableable (if that's
a word).

   gene/