[arch-general] Do packages built on libusb need rebuilding on libusbx? upsd won't stay connected over usb.

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Jun 9 20:27:20 EDT 2012

On 06/09/2012 08:41 AM, Kevin Chadwick wrote:
> The question would be, doest that pose a greater security risk.
>
> Have you tried using -u nut.
>
> If that fails I'd use systrace (strace on Linux) or something to see why
> it fails.

Thanks Kevin,

  Yes, I tried '-u nut' and it fails the same as no '-u user' at all. All of
this looks like some file permission on some device or something changed, but
every file/device I look at, the permissions are the same between
working/non-working box. I'll have to go try and dust off my debugging
capabilities. If you think of anything else, let me know :)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.