[arch-general] Do packages built on libusb need rebuilding on libusbx? upsd won't stay connected over usb.

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sun Jun 10 00:57:42 EDT 2012

On 06/09/2012 07:37 PM, slubman wrote:

> Have you looked to the usb device permission?
>
> After the latest upgrade I did (kernel, libusbx, systems-tools and a lot of other stuffs), upsd wouldn’t connect.
>
> But as described on the AUR page, the package must be recompiled, with an addition to the configure command to put the udev rules in the correct directory.
>
> Cf. http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=5379
>
> Best regards.
>
> --
> Nicolas D (a.k.a slubman)

Thanks Nicolas,

  Yes, I incorporated that into the PKGBUILD before rebuilding:

build() {
  cd $srcdir/nut-$pkgver
  ./configure --with-user=nut \
    --prefix=/usr \
    --datadir=/usr/share/ups \
    --sysconfdir=/etc/ups \
    --with-group=nut \
    --with-hal \
    --with-usb \
    --with-udev-dir=/etc/udev || return 1

  That looked right, but now doesn't make sense since the rules are in
pkg/lib/udev/rules.d/52-nut-usbups.rules. The new post today to the AUR package
corrects the issue:

"Those udev rules were moved to /usr/lib/udev/rules.d, so
--with-udev-dir=/usr/lib/udev might be a better option."

  That makes sense -- I'll give it a go.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.