[arch-general] [cdrecord] Problems with original cdrecord on latest linux kernel

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Mon Jun 11 06:05:40 EDT 2012

Luká?? Jirkovský <l.jirkovsky at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, I'm pretty surprised that the developer arguments with cdrecord
> without contacting Jörg beforehand. Anyway, the motivation might be to
> use the SCSI numbers instead of random numbers determined by udev.

Not asking the right people seems to be a method that I did see more than once
in the past. The numbering scheme is a less important problem on Linux, in
special as the code in libscg knows how to deal with it. There are other more
imortant problems on Linux that I would like to see fixed.

BTW: the fact that there is no documentation[1] for this new driver looks like a
reason for not including it.

[1] Or could you find documentation for it?

BTW: The reason for having documentation in special in the driver area is that
applications that use interfaces would need to know with part of the potential
interface features is granted to stay stable in the future.

Jörg