[arch-general] [cdrecord] Problems with original cdrecord on latest linux kernel

Lukáš Jirkovský l.jirkovsky at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 15:14:04 EDT 2012

Sorry I forgot to reply earlier (real-life duties). Fortunately I had
added this to my to-do list so it didn't get forgotten completely.

I've just uploaded a new package which uses
/usr/lib/modules-load.d/cdrecord.conf to autoload the sg module
(thanks, Tom!).

On 11 June 2012 12:05, Joerg Schilling
<Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> BTW: the fact that there is no documentation[1] for this new driver looks like a
> reason for not including it.

That's a perfectly valid reason.

> [1] Or could you find documentation for it?

Not exactly.

What I found is that according to [1] it supports the sg interface:
  "The bsg driver has device names of the form /dev/bsg/0:1:2:3 and
supports the SG_IO ioctl with the sg version 3 interface."

It might be that only device names changed. I took a quick look at the
sg3_utils package [2] and the code I checked seems to be almost the
same for both sg and bsg – the only bigger difference I saw was in the
finding of relevant device names.

Lukas

[1] http://sg.danny.cz/sg/#mozTocId921329
[2] http://sg.danny.cz/sg/sg3_utils.html