[arch-general] Mailing lists vs Forums

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Jun 11 11:19:52 EDT 2012

On 11 June 2012 16:11, Karol Blazewicz <karol.blazewicz at gmail.com> wrote:
> One can subscribe to just a couple forum threads or sections to keep
> the noise down. Such granularity is not available on the ML as there
> are just a few Arch ML lists although you can ignore / mute on a
> per-thread basis too.

Certainly, it's a matter of personal preference, so discussing it may
be pointless.

My preference to ML is due to this:

I find it quicker to use ML in comparison to Web forums.
For the forum, I have to do a few extra steps and clicks, for ML...
I check my inbox frequently anyway.
Also, clearing & filtering ML posts is light-speed fast by simply looking
at subject lines and removing or leaving unread for later.
Plus, I have more control to categorise/label/search ML posts.
(FluxBB search is ineffective.)

Best regards,