[arch-general] can not login after upgrade

Arno Gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 16:20:37 EDT 2012

Le 12. 06. 12 21:57, Δημήτρης Ζέρβας a écrit :
> oh yes, it's not mounted at all, that's why you can't see it from ubuntu
> (arch&  ubuntu? how could you? :P)
> it's not a problem, just mount the boot partition to /<arch-mount>/boot
> and the /boot partition CAN'T be empty, because you can't login, but you
> actually boot!
>
> (\_ /) copy the bunny to your profile
> (0.o ) to help him achieve world domination.
> (>  <) come join the dark side.
> /_|_\ (we have cookies.)
>

> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 10:52 PM, Mateusz Loskot<mateusz at loskot.net>  wrote:
>
>> On 12 June 2012 20:50, Δημήτρης Ζέρβας<01ttouch at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> another guy had problems with his VPS...
>>> when he updated he lost any connection with the VPS
>>> do you have /boot on a separate partition?
>>
>> Indeed, and if it is on separate partition it's probably not
>> getting mounted properly.
>> May be issue with changes regarding using fstab/labels vs UUID.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> --
>> Mateusz Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net

As for Ubuntu and Arch on same machine, Ubutnu was a good way for me to
learn. Once I felt comfortable, I switched to Arch, and NEVER LOOK BACK
!!  :-)
But I am still a, let's say a n00b++, and this issue is puzzling me.
Yes, /boot and /usr are not on the root /, and you are right, the boot
CAN NOT be empty, it is just NOT mounted.
It seems I can do everything from Ubuntu, but I am not so sure to know
how. I will try to figure out, and LEARN, again and again...