[arch-general] Shutdown and reboot not working after last weekend update

Martti Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 18:14:01 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 06:26:59PM -0300, Victor Silva wrote:
> So can I justremove it and check what happens? This makes sense as nepomuk
> keeps indexing all the contents of the machine. I will try to remove it and
> check what happens. Which part of the logs gave you the hint about nepomuk?
>
> Regards,
> Victor

well, that's what I could tell from the log you posted in [0].
line 21 contained a program name and a shared object.

sorry, and sorry for saying "that was the problem". I should have made clearer
these things aren't usually the culprit. the process in question isn't running
when you log in to tty, though? and tty also hangs comparably to what you
described with X?

There was a way that made old kernels dump all syslog to tty12, which I think
was removed from syslog.conf. I only know I left it in however, if shutting
down immediately crashes, sleep 2 && shutdown; <ctrl-alt-f12> could work...

Also, please answer below, not above previous posts.

cheers!
mar77i

[0] http://pastebin.com/HjwGvDsp