[arch-general] Muting internal speakers

Nelson Marambio nelsonmarambio at gmx.de
Thu Jun 14 16:52:16 EDT 2012

Since the change from Win 7 to Arch there is just one function I really
miss up to now. Perhaps someone of you can help me out.

Is it possible that Arch deactivates the internal speakers of my laptop
when I plug in my USB-headset and turn input / output to this ?

In Windows I could define the USB headset as default for in-/output so
Win made a fallback to internal speakers only when I plugged out the
headset again.

It would be really great if Arch was that comfortable too. I know in
GNOME there are just two clicks to do for switching to another audio
hardware but ... :D

Warm regards,
Nelson.