[arch-general] Black screen with linux-3.4.2

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Jun 15 10:22:43 EDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-06-15 at 15:27 +0200, Karol Babioch wrote:
> From my experience nouveau is just not as good as the Nvidia one when it
> comes down to 3D performance and/or energy management.

3D and energy management can be important, but isn't needed by
everybody. If you want to run this kernel and don't need 3D, the nv
driver might work, it at least does on my machine with the rt patched
version of the kernel you wish to use.

http://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/i686/xf86-video-nv/
http://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/xf86-video-nv/

I hope it won't be dropped by Arch. Other distros dropped it.

- Ralf